Amidst the uncertainty and panic around the world due to COVID-19 or most commonly known as Corona virus – Easter Sunday and its joyous treats is still happening.
What’s Easter Sunday without chocolates! Rich, decadent, with a beauty enhancing twist—what more could you want?
By letting chocolate claim its rightful place as the star of the show, these decadent-tasting clean eating desserts maximize rich chocolate flavor without overpowering this super food’s heart-healthy properties with extra fat and sugar.
1. No Bake Brownie Energy Bars
Luscious, soft and chewy good brownie energy bars will surely melt everyone’s heart. This brownie recipe is quick, easy, and uses ingredients you probably have on hand in your pantry.
- goji berries
- chia seeds
- cocoa powder (or cacao)
- dark chocolate
- sea salt
2. Chocolate-Covered Carrot Cake Pops
Who would’ve thought that carrots and chocolates go well together? 100% right! These party-worthy cake pops are just 190 calories each that will have your friends and family wanting for more.
- 3 egg whites
- 3/4 cup organic evaporated cane juice
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup spelt flour
- 1/2 cup gluten-free flour blend
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups peeled and grated carrots
- 16 oz dark chocolate chips (70% cocoa or greater)
- chopped raw, unsalted walnuts
Ingredients for Icing:
- 1 cup cream cheese
- 1/2 tsp organic evaporated cane juice
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 /14 tsp pure vanilla extract
3. Chewy Double Chocolate Cookies Made with Coconut Oil
A cross between ooey-gooey and moist double chocolate cookie, this Easter treat will crush your sweet tooth every time. Garnish with sea salt for a sweet and salty bakery style cookie packed with lots of chocolate flavor!
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon coffee, optional
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- coarse sea salt, for sprinkling
4. 4-Ingredient Reese’s Peanut Eggs
These vegan Reese’s eggs are EVERYTHING and so simple to make! If you love Reese’s in any way shape or form, I can guarantee that you will fall in love with this recipe. These low carb Reese’s eggs are also grain free, gluten free, dairy free, which means that anyone and everyone will absolutely adore these.
- 2/3 cup natural drippy peanut butter (just peanuts & salt)
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1-2 tablespoons of coconut flour
- 3.5 ounces 72% dark chocolate bar, vegan if desired
- Optional: Coarse sea salt, for sprinkling on top
While the egg-hunting must remain indoors and friends or extended families may not be able to gather like a normal Easter gathering should be, there are plenty of other ways you can participate in some seasonal fun. These 4 easy to make Easter treats will definitely make #stayingathome fun and worthwile. Share these treats over Skype video call or Zoom with friends and family!